Can you believe we are halfway through Winter? However, it’s still winter and that means it’s still time to be quiet and remain rested. I’ve been asking nature to give me the strength to be still. I invite you to do the same with me. Let’s make ourselves and our needs a priority.
It’s so important to make sure our cups remain filled. Today, we’re going to review our cyclical natures:
Winter: rest, emptiness
Spring: growth, new ideas
Summer: connecting, sharing out voice, self-expression
Fall: releasing and coming back to Winter
We see the same cyclical patterns aligned with moon phases and our periods. For example, the New Moon typically is a time for us to calm down and become slower to prepare for a time of growth.
Have you noticed you’re more intuitive and connected to the earth during your menstrual cycle? Then during the follicular phase, we experience more energy when we’re ovulating. Then receive more clarity when our bodies are shedding the uterine lining. Are you noticing the synchronicity here?
What are you being called to? As part of Mom-ME Circle, we don’t blindly set declarations or force ones that fit society. We genuinely and boldly allow ourselves to set declarations that meet our goals. We allow ourselves to full express the desire to be who we are called to be.
Let’s use this second half of winter to set clear intentions.
Ask yourself, genuinely, “Why am I here?” Set aside some time to really dream and dive deep into this question so you can set these clear intentions. This will allow you to set yourself up for a strong period of growth when Spring arrives and be even more prepared to get out into the world in Summer.
Right now, I want you to take a moment with me to go into the void to explore. You can follow along in the video by going to the 5:52 mark.
If you want to do this on your own, here’s how:
- Sit down and get comfortable.
- Put one hand over your heart, the other over your womb space (just above your bellybutton), and close your eyes.
- Connect to your breath. Notice where you feel it in your body.
- Bring your awareness to your feet and imagine there are roots growing out of them. Feel them moving into the Earth. Release and drop all your muscles to feel even more rooted to the Earth.
- Now follow the roots back up to the surface and feel a lift in your physical body from your feet to your legs to the hand over your womb space. Take a few deep breathes here into that womb space where our dreams are created. Ask yourself:
- What am I creating?
- What are my wildest dreams asking of me?
- Move your awareness to the hand over your heart, where you feel love and compassion. Is there room for you in your heart? Take a few deep breathes here too.
- Let the awareness continue to rise in your body to the crown of your head and even higher as if branches are growing toward the sky.
- Take a deep breath that goes from the tips of your branches all the way down to your roots. As you continue breathing, stop at each space and feel your breath there before it releases through your branches into the atmosphere.
And welcome back! I hope that served you as much as it served me. I invite you to follow along with the video for a deeper experience guided by me. You can do this as often as you need and whenever you need to feel grounded.
How did you feel during this connection exercise? Let me know in the comments below!